We've just released a refresh of the web site that is the first of what will be periodic updates. Don't expect anything too flashy, though. We're old-fashioned; we believe that the content makes or breaks the site. So we've deliberately kept the site simple and content-focused.
There are two benefits to you from this update. In the short term, we've revamped the post categories to make them more useful. There are now a few top-level categories:
- The Big Picture includes macro issues like outcomes, policy, and research
- Business & Economics covers analysis of ed tech companies and the economic ecosystem
- Academics & Academia includes pedagogy but also change management and companies that help with strategic change (such as OPMs)
- Ed Tech is the product stuff, but also includes technical interoperability
- Bits & Bytes articles are the short recommended reading posts plus notes from the editors (like this one, for example)
These categories, along with some changes to the site design, will hopefully make it easier for you to find more of the content that is useful to you.
Longer term, this refresh will give us the infrastructure we need to make continued improvements. In addition to making it easier for you to find the content that interests you, we intend to improve the conversation and community capabilities of the site.
We hope you like the changes. As always, feedback is appreciated.